The terms and conditions below apply to all coaching, mentoring and hypnotherapy services provided by Javier Orti (“the coach”), to any individual or organisation (“the client”) and constitute the contract for the service to be provided by Javier Orti for the client. The term ‘coaching’ as used here covers life coaching, personal coaching, personal development, trauma recovery, executive coaching, business coaching and hypnotherapy for clients and where applicable includes mentoring or supervision services provided for clients, coaches or others.
In committing to life coaching with me, you acknowledge the following:
• You understand that the coaching services you will be receiving from your Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. You also understand that your Coach is not acting as a mental health counsellor or a medical professional.
• For legal purposes, you understand that coaching is currently an unregulated industry and that your Coach is not “licensed“ by any UK body even though the sessions may take place in England or elsewhere in English.
• You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your well-being during your coaching sessions and subsequently, including your choices and decisions.
• You understand that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and you will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
• You understand that all comments and ideas offered by your Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding you in achieving the defined goals you create with your Coach. You have the ability to give your informed consent, and hereby give such consent to your coach to assist you in achieving such goals and understand that results are not guaranteed.
• You understand that to the extent our work together involves personal development, career or business, your Coach is not promising outcomes included but not limited to trauma recovery, personal introspection, increased personal happiness, career progression, profitability and/or business success.
You understand that your Coach will protect your information as confidential unless you state otherwise in writing. If information pertains to abuse or neglect or threatening to harm yourself or someone else, you understand that necessary actions may be taken and your confidentiality agreement may be limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if your Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, he will do so to the extent the law requires.
You understand that the use of technology is not always secure and you accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, WhatsApp, Skype and any other technology.
You hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge your Coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages you may claim to have or that you may have arising out of acts or omissions by yourself or by your Coach as a result of the advice given by your Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement.
The coaching schedule will be arranged between the Coach and the client and can be booked up to 3 months in advance. I will recommend the frequency of coaching sessions based on a professional assessment of the client’s requirements. This recommendation, or plan, is not binding and may be altered and adjusted throughout the coaching journey by mutual agreement, in accordance with the terms set out in this agreement.
Where no specific number is agreed sessions will be provided on a session by session basis.
In return for the fees payable by the client (or by a third party on their behalf), I agree to provide the service as described below and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out. The client agrees to pay fees for the service on the terms and conditions set out below (in situations where a third party pays the fees, the third party counts as an agent acting on behalf of the client).
Format of Sessions
Sessions are in person, by phone, Zoom or Skype. In all cases the client is responsible for calling the coach.
The length of each session set by the client at the time of booking on the appointment booking platform and paid for accordingly at the time of booking. Sessions may over-run by mutual agreement and paid for retrospectively, but only if the Coach has no commitments immediately following the session.
Dates and Times of Sessions
The date and time of the first session and any subsequent session will be registered on the booking system (“Acuity Scheduling”)
Sessions can only be rearranged in accordance with the section in these terms and conditions headed “Rearranging Sessions”.
Fees can be paid online by debit or credit card, or by PayPal.
Receipts and/or invoices are available, and where receipts are requested by the client, they will be sent by email..
Fees are payable in advance of each coaching session unless otherwise agreed (Business Coaching may allow for payment on receipt of invoice).
Where payment is required on receipt of invoice rather than in advance, a charge may be levied for late payment.
If a client needs to rearrange a coaching session, they should provide at least 48 hours notice. No refunds will be given to clients for unused coaching sessions unless 48 hours notice has been given. In exceptional circumstances I may need to rearrange a coaching session. In those instances, and where possible we will also give the client 48 hours notice where practical.
Where a client pays for a session or sessions in advance they must have the coaching session(s) that they have paid for within 6 months of the payment or their fee is forfeited.
Personal information or business information supplied by clients in coaching sessions will be treated as confidential. It will not be disclosed to a third party without the client’s prior permission, save where required by law or where action might be necessary to prevent harm to the client or someone else.
This contract is governed by the law of England whose courts have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute, disagreement, proceedings or legal claim of any nature relating to the service provided or the contract.